Archer assistant wrestling coach Kyle McKee accepted the head wrestling job at North Gwinnett.
After building North Gwinnett’s wrestling team into a Gwinnett County power, head coach Phil Daniel announced his resignation on Thursday.
Buford’s wrestling team went a perfect 6-for-6 in the championship matches of the Class AAA traditional wrestling tournament as the Wolves captured the team title in grand fashion in its home arena Saturday night.
Archer had five state championship as it rolled to back-to-back Class AAAAAA state championships.
Collins Hill’s Sean Russell and Ryan Millhof finished their high school career with state titles
The Tigers advanced nine wrestlers to the Class AAAAAA state semifinals at Chattahoochee High School.
Archer’s wrestling team has put together a pretty good resume this season to stake its claim as the best team ever from Georgia.
A year after tearing his ACL, Parkview’s Kamaal Shakur is fully recovered and has become one of the state’s dominant wrestlers.
The GHSA selected Buford as one of the locations for the traditional state wrestling tournament.
M.J. Couzan has become one of the state’s dominant wrestlers. He hasn’t lost a match to a Georgia opponent in two years, winning the Class AAAAAA state championship last season.
The tradtional state wrestling tournament was moved to Feb. 21-22.
The winter weather conditions heading to Georgia this week forced the GHSA to move the tournament to Friday and Saturday.
Gwinnett County schools put 13 wrestlers into the 14 finals’ matches, including three that pitted fellow Area 7-AAAAAA wrestlers going against each other for the championship.
Wesleyan’s Patrick Ryan won the 285-pound area championship on Saturday, beating the top three seeded wrestlers in his weight class.
A look at Saturday’s Gwinnett prep action
- Wilkins' big night helps GAC boys basketball grab state title, undefeated season
- Wesleyan's streak of six titles broken by Kendrick in girls Class AA final
- Mann, Rogers play different but important roles in Archer's success
- GAC's Wilkins, Martin head up Gwinnett group's Atlanta Tipoff Club basketball honors
- Former players inspired to come back and coach with Azar at Wesleyan
- HAMMOCK: Gwinnett high school basketball state finalists in underdog roles
- Gwinnett Heat win wheelchair basketball state championship
- Archer's McKee takes North wrestling job
- Hamby, along with freshman stars DeShields, Davis and Brown, earn All-ACC acclaim
- GAC girls basketball coach Boyd resigns, plans coaching break for more family time