Snubbed by the seeding process, Buford used the motivation for another state playoff victory Wednesday night
Buford sophomore volleyball player Morgan Mitchell fought through a poisonous snake bite earlier this year, suffered in the Ted’s Montana Grill parking lot near the Mall of Georgia
Hebron Christian defeated Fellowship Christian in the Class A semifinals on Wednesday night
North Gwinnett made volleyball history for its home county Wednesday with a Class AAAAAA semifinal win over Johns Creek
A look at the high school athletes from fall sports up for this week's award, which is decided by fan voting
According to North Cobb coach James Auld, the number of aces for one team in a three-set match would be around six to eight, or an average of a little over two per set, at this point of the season.
Defending state champion Wesleyan swept Gordon Lee 25-9, 25-9, 25-21 on Saturday and earned its place in the Class AA final four.
In a five-game match defined by momentum swings, North Gwinnett got the last say
Buford exacted some revenge Saturday on the team that defeated its in last year’s Final Four. The Wolves swept St. Pius 25-22, 25-19, 25-14 to advance to the Class AAAA semifinals.
Brookwood overcame a case of the nerves, but gathered itself to earn a trip to the Elite Eight with a 14-25, 25-8, 25-11 and 28-26 win over Woodstock in the second round of the Class AAAAAA volleyball tournament on Tuesday.
A roundup of Tuesday’s prep action
In the early stages of Game 2, North Gwinnett and Douglas County had its play halted due to the fire alarm going off.
Hebron Christian Academy overcame a slow start to advance to the third round of the Class A state volleyball tournament by defeating Landmark Christian School 16-25, 25-20, 25-19, 25-17.
Wesleyan senior Lauren Frerking committed to Georgia Tech and teammate Kendra Koetter committed to Georgia Southern
A schedule of Gwinnett teams' matchups in the second round of the state volleyball playoffs
- Two wins puts Buford softball back in winner’s bracket final in Class AAAA
- Late rallies send Brookwood past East Coweta at state softball tournament
- Fans Choice Fall Athlete of the Week: Brookwood's Kayla Louie
- Buford softball seniors hope to add one final state title
- Gwinnett teams looking for 'new' start at state softball tournament
- FANS CHOICE FALL ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Candidate Profiles
- Ablan K's nine as Brookwood nips South Forsyth 2-1 to reach Elite Eight
- Kavel hits and pitches Wesleyan to Columbus
- Fans Choice Fall Athlete of the Week: Collins Hill's Brea Dickey
- Buford, Bush barrel past St. Pius in second round of state softball playoffs
Girls Cross Country
- Region 8-AAAAAA, 7-AAAAAA cross country meets head to Conyers
- Storm boys 2nd, girls 3rd at area cross country meet
- Grayson's Gomez, Mill Creek's Hollis named runners of the week
- Mill Creek leads Gwinnett contingent at Coach Wood Invitational
- Expanded field among highlights for 2014 Coach Wood Invitational cross country meet
- GAC's Kettle, Norcross' Gusmerotti get running honors
- PREP ROUNDUP: Hebron volleyball wins third straight area championship
- Young runners leading Mill Creek girls cross country to great heights
- Hebron Christian's cross country teams shine at Great American
- North Gwinnett's Whiting second in 5K race
- Archer, Dacula both on a roll entering region showdown
- Solving tough Norcross defense the task for Mill Creek
- ACL injury in season opener costs Shiloh senior Quero
- GAC and Lovett will determine region champ once again
- Surgery costs Mill Creek's Dickhute his senior football season
- Rivals Collins Hill, Peachtree Ridge ready for critical game
- Athens Academy at Hebron Christian football preview
- Wesleyan at Holy Innocents' football preview
- Brookwood at Grayson football preview
- Towns County vs. Providence Christian football preview