Mill Creek's track and field program took the top honors at the Gwinnett County track and field banquet on Thursday at Collins Hill.
A look at the girls high school athletes from spring sports up for this week's award, which is decided by fan voting
GAC's Maileka Slayton won the 100-and 200-meter state titles.
Malayshia George won the 400-meter run to help Mill Creek to the state runner-up finish.
A look at Gwinnett's state placers at the girls track and field state championship.
ALBANY -- After the final throw of the Class AAAAAA discus, Norcross' Casidy Callahan turned to her coaches to flex to her biceps and smiled.. "That's a running joke with me and Coach (Vonn) Ross," Callahan said. "I just do it because she does it.". Callahan may have
ALBANY -- There was a lot less drama at the high jump pit for Malayshia George this year.. After losing to in a jump-off to take second at last year's state meet, the Mill Creek senior was the only one left on Friday. George cleared 5 feet, 6 inches
A look at where Gwinnett athletes finished after the first day of the state track meet.
GAC's Kayin Mujahid won the Class AA state title in the discus throw.
Wesleyan's Katie Frerking and India Welton placed third at the Class AA state track meet.
Thursday's schedule for Girls High School Track and Field Championships
State Girls Track Meet begins today in Albany
HOSCHTON -- Several Gwinnett County athletes turned in great performances in the Class AAAAAA girls and boys state sectional track and field meet on Saturday at Mill Creek's Markham Field to qualify for the upcoming state meet.. A total of 32 teams represented Regions 1, 2, 7 and 8 from
GAC, Wesleyan have record-setting day at AA sectionals
Berkmar's Elexis Guster as the top time in the state in the 300 hurdles this year.
- Mill Creek takes top honors at county track banquet
- Track and field state placers
- Prep Rally to feature state track, soccer
- FANS CHOICE MALE ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Candidate Profiles
- BOYS STATE TRACK & FIELD PLACERS
- STATE TRACK NOTES: With state title Abernathy now hopes to 'three-peat'
- Mill Creek wins state track championship
- PREP ROUNDUP: Lions' Brickell runner-up at state track meet
- State Track and Field notes: State title new for Lanier, but old hat for Valentine
- Surprising results, Woodrome's sprint help Mill Creek take state track lead
- Panthers enjoy big season despite early end
- Vashaw steps down as North baseball coach
- Collins Hill's Pulliam signs letter of intent
- GSA, TYSA team up for new soccer academy
- Brookwood's Rinehart in NJCAA World Series
- Parkview's Schmid named academic All-American
- Mill Creek dominates All-Region 7-AAAAAA baseball team
- Gwinnett Lacrosse League awards scholarships to six seniors
- Coaches announce girls lacrosse all-county honors
- First-inning outburst helps Milton end Parkview's title reign