Hebron missed one opportunity too many.
Archer tops Central Gwinnett 35-14
Gabe Tiller threw four touchdown passes and Kyle Davis returned a kickoff for a touchdown as Archer pulled away for a 35-14 Region 8-AAAAAA win over Central Gwinnett on Friday.
After a close win on the road last week, South Gwinnett came home in a big way, defeating Berkmar 32-0 Friday night. This win keeps South in playoff contention.
Parkview quarterback Jack Chambers ran for three touchdowns and threw for three more, helping keep the Panthers’ playoff hopes alive for Region 8-AAAAAA’s final spot as they defeated Shiloh 49-27 Friday night at Shiloh Community Stadium.
DULUTH — North Gwinnett’s Josh Imatorbhebhe had five first half touchdowns on Friday night to lead the Bulldogs to a 71-24 route of Duluth. North quarterback John Urzua completed 17 of 24 passes for 353 yards and seven touchdowns in the win.
Turnover, big plays from Lawson Cook help Dacula down Grayson 27-17 in Region 8-AAAAAA showdown
Despite coming into Friday night’s game against Salem undefeated, many of Lanier’s wins weren’t easy, with the Longhorns having to perservere through multiple obstacles along the way.
Johnathan Hawkins rushed for 131 yards and four touchdowns, Brian Efianayi rushed for another two scores and the Hawks’ defense did the rest, rolling past Collins Hill 51-7 for their third straight win and a share of the Region 7-AAAAAA lead.
Wesleyan scored 18 points in the second half, but Lovett quarterback Willie Candler had an answer as he passed for 105 yards, rushed for 65 and accounted for three touchdowns to lead the Lions to a 30-24 win Friday night.
The Wolves handed a 58-3 thrashing to the hosting North Oconee Titans on Friday night
gwinnett football, high school football, high school score, peachtree ridge football, peachtree ridge lions, peachtree ridge lions football, norcross football, norcross blue devils, norcross blue devils football
Mountain View dominated early to cruise to a 42-0 win over Meadowcreek Friday night in Norcross.
The win propels the Spartans into a showdown next week against defending state champion Lovett.
Brookwood-South Forsyth Game 3 story.
wesleyan softball, wesleyan wolves, wolves softball, state playoffs
- Berkmar grad Jessica Brown Bold inducted into LaGrange College Sports Hall of Fame
- HAMMOCK: Schumacher will be missed greatly at Meadowcreek
- Beloved Meadowcreek wrestling coach Schumacher passes away after cancer battle
- FANS CHOICE FALL ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Candidate Profiles
- Norcross gets second straight water polo state championship
- Parkview post Vicki Harris commits to Rutgers basketball
- Gwinnett Basketball Media Day kicks off with few key players elsewhere | PHOTOS
- Central Gwinnett senior Frazier commits to East Carolina basketball
- GHSA Executive Committee tackles busy agenda at fall meeting
- Collins Hill senior Bayer commits to Wofford College basketball
- Parkview's Hill headed to CVCC for baseball
- Parkview's Biggar picks UGA baseball
- Brookwood coach Martin named to LaGrange College Sports Hall of Fame
- Mill Creek sophomore Hudson commits to Navy lacrosse
- Hamilton Mill Golf Club juniors headed to national finals
- GWINNETT GRADS: Gwinnett players fuel North Georgia women's soccer
- Collins Hill names Straughan head girls tennis coach
- Mill Creek baseball's Vizzi battles leukemia, inspires others to fight
- Providence Christian's Winskie commits to Young Harris baseball
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes to host middle school golf camp
- Opportunities slip away for Hebron in 21-7 loss to George Walton Academy
- Archer tops Central Gwinnett 35-14 | PHOTOS
- South Gwinnett blanks Berkmar 32-0
- Chambers leads Parkview to 49-27 win over Shiloh
- Urza throws seven TD passes to lead North Gwinnett over Duluth 71-24
- Cook's key plays helps Dacula ground Grayson 27-17 | PHOTOS
- Lanier Longhorns power back to beat Salem
- Mill Creek keeps rolling, hammers Collins Hill | PHOTOS
- Defending champ Lovett holds off hard-charging Wesleyan
- No. 1 Buford further asserts dominance with another region blowout with
- WILL'S WORLD: Friday's matchups will reveal plenty
- WILL'S WORLD: Don't forget about Parkview
- WILL'S WORLD: Boyd and the Milton saga
- WILL'S WORLD: Football tab time
- THE BLITZ: Questions and some answers for the season
- WILL'S WORLD: GAC, Mill Creek lose QBs already
- WILL'S WORLD: Shanteau, Olympic gold medalist, sounds good to me
- WILL'S WORLD: Rediscovering golf on the Gulf Coast
- WILL'S WORLD: GGC, Collins Hill Golf Club a perfect match
- WILL'S WORLD: Medal hunt begins for local Olympians
- Archer wins Class AAAAAA wrestling duals
- Collins Hill's Tyler Henderson
- RAW VIDEO: Norcross head coach Keith Maloof