A recap of the Saturday, Nov. 22 high school sports events
LILBURN – Playing without sophomore standout Mikayla Combs, the Wesleyan girls couldn’t a 16-4 deficit after the first quarter and lost 59-53 to Class AAAAAA Hillgrove on Saturday night in the Thanksgiving Tip-Off Classic at Parkview.
LILBURN – Parkview’s annual Thanksgiving Tip-Off Classic was a girls only event last season, leaving the Panthers boys out of the fun.
LILBURN – The big early test doesn’t come until Tuesday, but Parkview girls are off to an impressive start in the Thanksgiving Tip-Off Classic. The host Panthers defeated North Cobb 52-32 on Saturday night and will play Douglas County at 4:30 p.m. on Monday before taking on defending Class AAAAAA McEachern at 6 p.m. Tuesday.
Dacula seniors Madison Moseley and Kristan Lizardi have signed with Columbus State and Kennesaw State, respectively
Coin flips mean three remaining Gwinnett football teams will host quarterfinal games
The Wolves received points from five different players and erupted for 26 points in the fourth quarter, erasing a 16-point deficit from the third quarter to come back and nip Walton 56-52 in Buford’s season opener in the Jared Cook Tipoff Classic at North Gwinnett on Saturday night.
State champion Buford dominated the All-Region 8-AAAA softball team
Roundup from the prep sports events of Friday, Nov. 21
Gwinnett County's matchups in the state high school football quarterfinals on Friday, Nov. 28
Dacula jumped out to a big early lead, but Colquitt County rallied in the Class AAAAAA second round
Grayson fell short in the Class AAAAAA second round Friday night against Tucker
Archer forced timely turnovers Friday night to spark a rout of Lee County in the Class AAAAAA state playoffs
Archer dominated visiting Lee County in the second round of the Class AAAAAA state playoffs
During warm-ups in the minutes before kickoff, a few of the Mary Persons players crossed the 50-yard line into Buford territory, leading to a brief exchange of words at midfield.
- Talkin' Football: Utilizing the two-way player | VIDEO
- Winder-Barrow rallies to beat county rival Apalachee
- Apalachee at Winder-Barrow football preview
- Talkin' Football: Bounce back teams in 2014 | VIDEO
- Baldwin scores 1,000th career point as Apalachee boys basketball clinches state trip
- Apalachee wins East Jackson basketball tournament
- Winder-Barrow at Apalachee preview
- Apalachee at Heritage preview
- Prep sports site to change commenting procedures
- Apalachee at Salem preview
- PREP ROUNDUP: GAC wrestling stays unbeaten
- Parkview boys beat Lassiter to reach semifinals
- Parkview girls tune up with opening win over North Cobb
- Dacula seniors Moseley, Lizardi sign with college softball programs
- Coin flips send road to state football quarterfinals through Gwinnett
- Buford boys basketball beat Walton 56-52 in season opener
- Buford headlines all-region softball team
- PREP ROUNDUP: Mountain View tops Loganville in boys basketball
- FOOTBALL PLAYOFFS: Gwinnett's state quarterfinal matchups
- Feisty Dacula succumbs to Colquitt County comeback
- Archer wins Class AAAAAA wrestling duals
- Collins Hill's Tyler Henderson
- RAW VIDEO: Norcross head coach Keith Maloof