A brief recap of Saturday’s high school sports action
Dacula’s high school baseball program will host its annual alumni night this week
North Gwinnett eighth-graders William Goldring and Garrison Manor have received a national honor in lacrosse
Recaps of Friday’s prep sports action in Gwinnett County
FANS CHOICE MALE ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
Fans Choice Female Athlete of the Week
HOSCHTON – Norcross defeated Peachtree Ridge 3-1 to win the Region 7-AAAAAA tennis title on Thursday. The win over the Lions capped an impressive tournament for the Blue Devils who only lost one match en route to the championship.
Petit averaged eight points and six rebounds per game her senior year and earned all-region honorable mention honors.
Former GAC standout was rated as a three-star recruit by ESPN.com and ranked as the No. 56 power forward in the class of 2015 by ESPN.
The Dacula High School football team will be hosting a fundraiser at the school this Saturday. The Harlem Globetrotter Legends team will play against a team made up of Dacula Community players.
Cory Cason has spent the last four seasons as an assistant coach for Norcross High School. He’ll take over the reigns of his own program at the new Discovery High School this summer. Cason talked about that, his time with Georgia’s basketball program and much more with staff writer Paul Thomas in this week’s edition of ‘Getting to Know.’
Powell is a standout sprinter and state finalist in both the 50 and 100 frees.
A brief recap of Thursday’s Gwinnett prep sports action.
At the end of last year North Gwinnett girls lacrosse lost a ton of production to its senior class. Yet head coach Lindsey Dalton was optimistic because she knew just how talented her sophomore class was.
News and notes about Gwinnett products faring well in college athletics
- Norcross coach, Dacula grad Steve Sims named Apalachee head football coach
- Talkin' Football: Utilizing the two-way player | VIDEO
- Winder-Barrow rallies to beat county rival Apalachee
- Apalachee at Winder-Barrow football preview
- Talkin' Football: Bounce back teams in 2014 | VIDEO
- Baldwin scores 1,000th career point as Apalachee boys basketball clinches state trip
- Apalachee wins East Jackson basketball tournament
- Winder-Barrow at Apalachee preview
- Apalachee at Heritage preview
- Prep sports site to change commenting procedures
- Mill Creek boys lacrosse team led by senior defenders
- Dacula baseball to host alumni night
- North Gwinnett's Goldring, Manor selected for national lacrosse team
- Coaches announce All-Region 8-AAAAAA soccer honors
- Olympic hurdler Terrence Trammell speaks at Atlanta Track Club's Norcross Elementary event
- PREP ROUNDUP: Duluth boys rally to top Meadowcreek soccer 3-2
- Fans Choice Male Athlete of the Week: Collins Hill's Alex Keown
- Fans Choice Female Athlete of the Week: Brookwood's Ariel Charles
- Norcross boys tennis claims Region 7-AAAAAA title over Peachtree Ridge
- High School Baseball notes: Buford locks up Region 8-AAAA top playoff seed early
- Archer wins Class AAAAAA wrestling duals
- Collins Hill's Tyler Henderson
- RAW VIDEO: Norcross head coach Keith Maloof