Staff writer Mitch Blomert breaks down Gwinnett County high school football with his Fifth Quarter blog
A look at the high school athletes from fall sports up for this week's award, which is decided by fan voting
A look at who is up for this week's prep football honor, which is decided through online voting
Collins Hill softball will host its eighth annual Home Run Derby on Saturday, Sept. 6
Former Shiloh standout Donye Coleman has accepted a coaching position at Xavier
Richardson will play point guard for the GCSU men’s basketball program
On the heels of a 3-0 win over Baconton Charter, Lanier starter Cameron Dillard no-hit Chestatee as the Longhorns swept the day with a 16-0 rout Saturday.
North Gwinnett won a pair of games at North Georgia, defeating West Forsyth and Jefferson
Buford (2-0) scored on the second play from scrimmage and added 21 more first quarter points before Berkmar (0-2) got a first down en route to a 56-0 thrashing at Tom Riden Stadium.
After a disappointing 2013 campaign, the Rams came out and made a statement in all phases of the game as they shut out a traditionally high-octane offense from Gainesville, 39-0.
Greater Atlanta Christian took control early and went on to defeat North Oconee 28-10 on Friday night.
Mill Creek ran away with a 65-27 win over West Forsyth, putting an ease to some of the sting felt by last week’s loss in the Corky Kell Classic to Colquitt County.
Duluth had a few opportunities to make some plays on Friday night and keep the game close, but couldn’t capitalize as Northview pulled away for a 42-7 victory.
Shiloh’s furious fourth quarter rally to tie its season opener fell short when senior Hillgrove linebacker Phil Davis intercepted a Vito Priore pass with 20 seconds to play.
Hebron Christian Academy (2-0) laid a 49-14 beating on the visiting Mt. Vernon Presbyterian Mustangs on Friday night.
- Talkin' Football: Bounce back teams in 2014 | VIDEO
- Baldwin scores 1,000th career point as Apalachee boys basketball clinches state trip
- Apalachee wins East Jackson basketball tournament
- Winder-Barrow at Apalachee preview
- Apalachee at Heritage preview
- Prep sports site to change commenting procedures
- Apalachee at Salem preview
- Loganville football capitalizes on Winder-Barrow turnovers
- Apalachee stays winless with loss to Cedar Shoals
- Loganville at Apalachee preview
- FIFTH QUARTER: Not as bad as it seems for Archer
- FANS CHOICE FALL ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Candidate Profiles
- FANS CHOICE PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Candidate Profiles
- Collins Hill softball to host Home Run Derby
- Shiloh's Coleman hired for coaching position at Xavier
- GCSU announces signing of Collins Hill grad Richardson
- PREP ROUNDUP: Dillard, Longhorns win pair of softball games
- No letdown for Buford in demolition of Berkmar | PHOTOS
- Grayson runs roughshod over Red Elephants | VIDEO
- Fast-start Greater Atlanta Christian surges past North Oconee
- Archer wins Class AAAAAA wrestling duals
- Collins Hill's Tyler Henderson
- RAW VIDEO: Norcross head coach Keith Maloof